Integrating HIV/AIDS into the Somaliland National Education CurriculumTerms of Reference Integrating HIV/AIDS into the Somaliland National Education Curriculum
1. Focus and intensify implementation of the Somaliland HIV National Strategic Plan 2021-2023.
2. Define interventions beyond the currently existing programmes to respond more comprehensively to the epidemic.
3. guide the stakeholders in consultation with national and regional actors, towards a new national policy
4. integrate with other regional and district priorities and plans Overall objective of the Assignment The overall objective is to commit to briefing MOES about the Strategy for Integrating HIV/AIDS into the Somaliland Formal School Curriculum and the Initiation of the Process for Strategy Development. This consultation will be conduct by the SOLNAC with in collaborating the Ministry of Education to deal with opposition to integrating HIV/AIDS into the National Education Curriculum. Involving the MOES role in broad planning steps involved in integrating HIV and AIDS education into the curriculum also implies adequate time for consultation with all relevant MOES Specific Objectives:
1. Committed to briefing MOES about the strategy on HIV/AIDS education programs integrated into the curriculum.
2. To carry out a consultation engagement workshop with the SOLNAC and MOES on dealing with opposition to integrating HIV/AIDS into the National Education Curriculum, involving the MOES role in broad planning steps involved in integrating HIV and AIDS education into the curriculum 3. The strategy for integrating HIV/AIDS education into the school curricula will be finalize in the wake of the consultation engagement workshop to collect the feedback of the MOES in to corroborated the strategy.
4. To endorse the commitment letter and strategic implementation plan based on the roles of the SOLNAC and MOES 5. Deliverables: Consultation Workshop report Commitment letter and strategic priorities implementation plan Final strategy Document for HIV/AIDS integrating in to the curriculum corroborated the feedback of the MOES Audience: SOLNAC Ministry of Education and Science Development, Ministry of Health Development PLHIV NGOs & UN Agencies Relevant Stakeholders (Teachers and Supervisors)
Duty to Bearers Time-frame: The duration of the assignment is 5 days Timeline and Schedule: Time Topics Methodology Responsibility 19th -23th March 2022 The preparation presentation of the strategy for wider consultation with relevant constituents of the MOES and involving agenda development form the basis of a planning process with facilitating consultation engaging workshop constituents of the MOES and SOLNAC. The strategy has been enhanced through consultation with engaging of the MOES to produce the current version of the strategy (this document). It will be presented for wider consultation with relevant constituents of the MOES. UNFPA Project Focal Point and Planning Section
Closed Date: 23 February 2022